Monday, September 16, 2013

Redbubble

Recently, I opened a shop on Redbubble to sell prints and such of my art work. I am slowly putting pieces up on the site. Right now I have a few of my Halloween Cards up, one of my favorite piece a tentacle headed alien, and last night I just put up a new piece to a series of illustrations I am working on called "Cool Dads."

You can check out the shop here, and keep up to date on what I am selling.

When I started to look at opening a shop I had looked at three sites. Redbubble, Society6, and Cafepress. There was a third one I looked at, but that site had a a board of judges that you had to get through in order to join. If they didn't like your work, then you couldn't join the site. I'm pretty sure I'm not ready for that.
Society6 had an interesting social network element that help cross promote your art, but based on what I was reading its probably just as much work, if not more, to promote yourself and get people to your shop. That being said, Society6 has the better profit system, but they also have a higher minimum amount that you need to make before they pay you than the other two. Redbubble has the same type of profit system as cafepress, where you can see how much you'll make off each item sold and have control over that. If you want a bigger return you just increase the percentage of profit, which in turn does increase the price of the item. I went with Redbubble though, because they have the best stickers, since everything else was just about the same. This is my first time doing this so its kind of an experiment for me. I'll try to do an update in a few months to record how this experiment is going.

No comments:

Post a Comment