Saturday, October 10, 2009

Steampunk: Wizard of Oz




A couple of weeks ago I was assigned a project that required me to choose a story and design several characters from it in a steampunk style. So for this assignment I chose to go with the Wizard of Oz; which I was informed later on has been steampunked before. This would get some people down but not me, I just figure that, since I am steampunk that whatever I do would look more steampunk than what other people have done before.
For the characters that I chose design I went with our heroine Dorothy, the Tin-man, and the Gate keeper to the Emerald City. Dorothy became a tornadonaut, an explorer and traveler of the dangerous tornado twisted skies. The Tin-man was no longer a metal lumberjack, but a machine that lived in a dense metal forest where he unscrewed the bolts that held up the metallic trees so they could be turned into scrap metal. And the Gate keeper was still the gate keeper with his endless supply of green glasses (goggles) and keys. Here is the end result.
I plan to at some point to make more of these, I had a lot of fun making them; when I get them done I’ll post them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment