Sunday, August 9, 2009

Coraline: Answers found

I was speaking with a great Layout artist: Fred Gardner, the other day and i had brought up my views of the Coraline movie. I had told him that i felt that there was some kind of disconnection in the movie that held me back from getting involved with it. He said that the problem that i encountered and was having a hard time putting my fingure on was the fact that the movie was to slow at the beginning. Basically, Laika took to long to get the audience involved with the character- to make that emotional connection that usually takes place so that the audience can forget that they are watching a movie and become wrapped up in whats happening to the main character. Laika took to long in get to that wonderful moment and thusly it never happened for me. The end result being that i was more distracted by the stop motion animation than by the emotional content of the story or the story itself.

1 comment:

  1. Coraline is an animated,adventurous and family drama movie directed by Henry Selick. Coraline Jones is a fearless young adventurer who has bored with her dull neighbors .I had download this movie from this website and you can also download Coraline movie from this website....Really awesome movie....
    Download Coraline movie

    ReplyDelete